Sunday, November 8, 2009

This one's for you, Aunt Marie :)

Aunt Marie pointed out that I've been slacking at this blog...and only a month in, sorry!

I've been crazy busy since my last post (I averaged 4 hours of sleep a night this week!) but things are starting to settle down. Yesterday, I submitted the most horrendous assignment for this computer programming course.  I'm definitely a much better programmer now, but the main take-home lesson was to actively avoid this type of stuff!

So, school aside, what's happened since October 17?!

For starters, last week was Halloween, or as the biggest bop in town called it, Hallo-queen (ie cross dressing).  Some girls and I went as the knights from Monty Python's Spamalot.  We played the cheap student card and made our tops out of pillowcases (only a pound each)!!  The guys went all out though and definitely one up-ed us...we spent the night with the German olympic team (which is perfect for cross dressers) and Amy Winehouse!




I've also been rowing for Saint Cross and I LOVE it!! The Oxford rowing culture is insane especially since right now all of the novices are training for what is supposedly the largest novice competition in the world! Just 3 weeks away!  Luckily, it hasn't rained much yet, so there's no better place to start your day than on the water.  And, you know I must really enjoy it because somehow, despite my love of sleeping in, I've managed to stick with the early morning practices!  We have a joint team with Wolfson, another all grad college, so I've met loads of new girls from that college.  And, two of my flatmates also row in my boat! Yesterday after practice a bunch of friends joined us to celebrate one of last sunny days of fall with a post-rowing picnic on the river!!  Don't be fooled though, in England, sunny does not mean warm!

After five weeks of meeting people (I cannot believe I've been here that long!), I'm stoked to get see a familiar face this week...Wednesday through Sunday, MAREN will be here!!!!  Can't wait!! I'll make sure to post photos of our adventures soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment